Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Pretend You Love It

Owl Towel, 2013

I stumbled upon a list yesterday, 10 Simple Things to Make You Happier at Home. It was one of those moments when I couldn't stop opening new tabs. Anyway... Read the list if you like, but the main takeaway is the bit about doing dishes at the end of 5. If you can't get out of it, get into it:

Crank your favorite album at an unusually loud volume, do a couple fist-pumps while shouting "Can I get a hell yeah for the dishes? Hell! Yeah!" and pretend you love it.

Ridiculous enough to be worth a try, no? Fist-pumps and pretending. And buying an owl towel.

11 comments:

  1. amelia from z tasty lifeFebruary 5, 2014 at 11:31 AM

    The one line gratitude is great... I am trying. I also right down one good meal/dish I made every day

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't pretend to love it, but I can pretend I am Cinderella scrubbing pots in the scullery with the errant hope that I might get to go to the ball if I finish in time. I don't have to pretend that I love having the job done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, you do not have to pretend to love it. Cinderella it is. Whatever works.

      Delete
  3. Honestly, I love doing the dishes. Maybe I should do a fist pump for cleaning the toilet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually like this very much. I do some of the things...about 7 out of ten...but I will have to take some time to consider the others. I always love your posts as they make me think about all kinds of stuff I would not think about on a day to day basis. So thanks for stirring up the grey cells once again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Teresa. I'm happy to know I'm shaking things up a bit.

      Delete
  5. HA! "...when I couldn't stop opening new tabs", I have those days too. Just didn't know others could too, but of course :-)

    I heard nr. 5 back in 1993 when traveling in the US. My friend Hugh, told me those exact words, and the got stuck with me since then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, the tabs... It will not happen today, at least I do not think it will happen today.

      I like the idea of #5. It's optimistic.

      Delete