Wednesday, April 15, 2009

urban gardening part I - succulents UPDATE

Fort Mason succulent
gift from Mary Anne


Well well well...look what I found upon arriving home this evening. It appears this one flowers!

I'm not sure if the flowering is a good or bad thing. I know it's exactly what you don't want your arugula, chard, lettuce, and the like to do, but I'm not so sure about succulents.

It is also shooting up a bit which might mean that it needs more sun.
Unfortunately, I am already giving it all of the sun this apartment is set up to allow. Hopefully it will adjust.

For now, I'll just think optimistically and enjoy the view.

2 comments:

  1. when I kept succulents in the past, they would typically flower once a year of so... I never really figured out the pattern for sure, but it didn't seem to adversely affect them...

    ReplyDelete
  2. jen-
    good news! i'm hearing the same from others. flower away little succulents!

    ReplyDelete