Friday, August 29, 2008

sweet & simple cucumber recipe from mom

once i ran out and purchased the ingredients, i was able to quickly and easily prepare this recipe and mom was correct, i couldn't stop eating it - yum!

excerpt from an email from my mom:

My favorite way to eat them now is sliced into a pretty Chinese bowl with a bit of thinly sliced scallion, a tablespoon or more of rice wine vinegar (the seasoned one because it is sweet and salty), a drop or two of toasted sesame oil, a sprinkling of black and white sesame seeds, and a few grinds of black pepper. So delicious... You can't stop eating it.

3 comments:

  1. i'll second this. what a tasty treat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a simple and lovely combination -- I just received a mandoline slicer for my birthday and this sounds like a great first usage

    ReplyDelete
  3. jen- let me know if you like your mandoline. they were a little too expensive for me, so i purchased a kyocera slicer that resembles a mandoline and it is okay...not superb. i find it difficult to grip my veggies w/ the hand guard.

    ReplyDelete